Resiliency Center, 600 Thomas Avenue
Fort Leavenworth, KS-66027
Phone: (913) 684-2800
Open hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Survivor Outreach Services (SOS):
“Center of Valor and Remembrance”
Provides a link for Families of fallen Soldiers with resources throughout the military and civilian communities. This program encourages survivors to remain an important part of the Army. Our office has a Financial Counselor and Support Coordinator available to assist surviving family members in their time of need.
• Provides financial assistance
• Conducts investment education
• Offers estate planning
• Helps surviving family members reach financial goals
• Long-term support resource for survivors
• Conducts awareness briefings
• Provides life skills and supportive counseling
• Connects Gold Star family members to essential services, including:
Army Family Long Term Case Management, Veteran Affairs Administration Survivor Benefits, TriCare, Military One Source, Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS), American Widow Project, Gold Star Wives of America, American Gold Star Mothers, Inc., Northeast Kansas Chapter, Snowball Express and Trevor Romain Foundation.
Another great resource is the Survivors Guide from the Department of Defense.